Sunday, October 7, 2012

Why is Eating So Complicated?

Let's see...what to have for breakfast? How about vegan bacon that hasn't been processed at all. Yes it's true, it came straight from my organic pig plant in my garden. I wonder why Elsa makes up some outrageous stuff. Where did she get that?

I could have brown rice (luckily my kids don't eat white rice). Ever since I had gestational diabetes, I know that one serving of rice is a measly third of a cup. Then I need protein.....do I choose legumes? I love lentils. Now I have to somehow calculate the nine essential amino acids that make a complete protein in the legume rice combination. Is is a complete protein? I have no idea.

Soy could be a good choice but most of it has been genetically modified and I don't want that. Also, soy has a reputation for messing with my hormones. No soy.

How about quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, hemp seed, or chia? Maybe with some tomatoes, zucchini and onion.

Is there gluten in it? I have always wondered if all that ails me would be cured if I went gluten free.

What is the inflammation factor rating on that food? I'll look it up. How about the glycemic load? Let me check

Oh wait, I haven't even looked at the calories yet. How much fat is there? What type of fat? How many Weight Watchers points is it?

No wonder breakfast is the meal of champions. You have to be a champion to figure it out!

Forget it, I am going back to bed!


No comments: