Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day Party

The kids and I were invited to a Saint Patrick's Day party kind of at the last minute today. I didn't have the time or desire to make a treat but I truly wanted to bring something to contribute to the party. As I was wondering aloud what to bring, Joseph said,"Easy Mom, just bring potato stampers." What a smart boy! I grabbed some potatoes, green paint, paper plates and a knife. I forgot the paper on which to create the art work but our hostess was gracious enough to provide some.


When we arrived at the party, I set to work on carving the potatoes into shamrock stamps. When I had finished two, I asked Joseph if they looked OK. He extremely diplomatically told me that he would rather I carved a heart next time. I almost said something dumb like it is Saint Patrick's Day, NOT Valentine's Day but he wanted a heart, this whole thing was his idea, so I carved a heart.


Later, Joseph explained that if you stamp the heart four times in a circle, it becomes a four leafed clover. Brilliant!

No comments: